• Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
More
16 years 7 months ago #130708 by nickfromwi
Gear Rater was created by nickfromwi
Can we add new pieces of gear?

love
nick

Would you like a lanyard spliced up, or anything else for that matter??? Give me a call- 323-384-7770 or This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• pattyjenkins
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
16 years 7 months ago #130718 by pattyjenkins
Replied by pattyjenkins on topic Adding new gear to Gear Rater
New gear to be rated cannot be added by forum users, but TCI can put up new items. Please email us with requests and we'll do our best to add items as quickly as possible.
Thanks for asking!
patty

• nickfromwi
  • nickfromwi's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
More
16 years 7 months ago #130743 by nickfromwi
Replied by nickfromwi on topic Re:Adding new gear to Gear Rater
That's great. I think you guys have made a great start with that gear rater- and it seems inevitable that it will become a great tool for many people down the road. The only way to keep it relevant is to continually add more tools.

The thing that prompted this thread was a new camera I just got.

http://www.olympusamerica.com/cpg_section/product.asp?product=1287

Waterproof (to 33 feet!) shock proof and crush proof (you can put 220 pounds on it and it won't break!)

Seems like a bit of gear (if you want to call it that) that is really cut out for the tree climbers. I was always afraid of smashing my digicam up in a tree while it is hanging on my saddle.

love
nick

Would you like a lanyard spliced up, or anything else for that matter??? Give me a call- 323-384-7770 or This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

More
16 years 6 months ago #130893 by HooT
Replied by HooT on topic Re:Gear Rater
Hi everyone. The gear rater does seem to be an excellent tool, especially if someone is contemplating the purchase of something new. I was wondering the same thing that Nick was when I went and rated a bunch of the gear that I use all the time. I would like to suggest that there be a submission area somewhere (within the forum, within the gear rater itself??) so that users can essentially \"nominate\" a piece of gear that they'd like to see within the gear rater. That'd be great. Hopefully this helps.

Eric

So many Trees... So little Time!

More
16 years 6 months ago #130896 by oldtimer
Replied by oldtimer on topic Re:Gear Rater
I think that if you e-mail your request to TCI, They will try to address your request to add a piece of new gear.:)

More
16 years 5 months ago - 16 years 4 months ago #130995 by oldtimer
Replied by oldtimer on topic Re:Gear Addition or adiction?
I just got my most recent piece of gear added to may \"collection\", Thanks to TCI for allowing me to participate (and winning) in the Gear Rater Contest. My new gear is the Sherril's Backpack rope storage. Nice Blue color. Larger than my old NT large bag (which by the way is over 5 years old and still in great shape). Anyway , I used my new backpack this weekend to carry my climbing stuff to my favorite climbing tree and I like the capacity of the bag and the fact that it stores most of the gear in one place.... excluding my saddle. I think that this is one piece of gear that will get used regularly at every future climb. I notice that most regular climbers use a regular backpack for carrying their gear and that is fine but for short distances and for those of us that do not try to bring the \"kitchen sink\" to every climb this rope bag will do the job nicely. B)

For additional reviews and a photo of this gear visit the Gear Rater Section of the board.B)
Last edit: 16 years 4 months ago by oldtimer.

• nickfromwi
  • nickfromwi's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
More
16 years 5 months ago #130998 by nickfromwi
Replied by nickfromwi on topic Re:Gear Addition or adiction?
I just did four reviews for the split tails that were recently added to the gear rater. I am VERY biased, of course, so go review this stuff so new people will make good purchasing decisions!

love
nick

Time to create page: 0.156 seconds