Stuck between a trunk and a stub.

• climber020
  • climber020's Avatar Topic Author
  • Senior Boarder
  • Senior Boarder
More
18 years 2 months ago - 18 years 2 months ago #126906 by climber020
Stuck between a trunk and a stub. was created by climber020
I was removing a leader from an ash tree the other day and I had to move to the backside of the tree to make the last 2 cuts. As I went around I put my foot inbetween the tree and the piece I was removing and it got stuck. I was in a very ackward position so that if I slipped and swung out of the tree my foot would stay still while why body rotated around my anckle. OUCH. Luckily I was able to reach down and unwedge my boot after about 5 minutes or so of struggling to free it.

See you at the top.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
18 years 2 months ago - 18 years 2 months ago #126912 by charlieb
Replied by charlieb on topic Stuck between a trunk and a stub.
Were you using spikes? Were you lanyarded in? Why did you have to change positions to make the final cut?

Safe climbin.
Charlie Brown.

• climber020
  • climber020's Avatar Topic Author
  • Senior Boarder
  • Senior Boarder
More
18 years 2 months ago - 18 years 2 months ago #126916 by climber020
Replied by climber020 on topic Stuck between a trunk and a stub.
No spikes it wasn't a removal. The bucket truck couldn't reach the last 6 foot of it so I jumped out with my saddle and rope and took one piece off. Then I slide around and tried to reposition myself when my foot got stuck. I still had to come down another 3' to cut the 2' stub that remained.
I was just happy I didn't have to cut the stub while my foot was under it to free it.

See you at the top.

More
18 years 1 month ago - 18 years 1 month ago #127103 by oldtimer
Replied by oldtimer on topic Ankle Stuck!
Hey Climbero2o
This would be a good one to post in the "awakenings" part of Treebuzz site. Those guys would give you a lot of ideas on how to get out of this or similar situations and have some fun ribbing you also! Be safe next time. Hope your ankle is fully recovered.

Time to create page: 0.057 seconds