• tengu12
  • tengu12's Avatar Topic Author
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
More
19 years 11 months ago - 19 years 11 months ago #123535 by tengu12
RECREATIONAL TREE CLIMBING RENDEZVOUS was created by tengu12
IT"S OFFICAL!!!!!!
This year there will be a large gathering of Recreational Tree Climbers coming/climbing together in the Midwest. The gathering is open to all who are interested in Recreational Tree Climbing and rumor has it that there will be climbers as far away as Japan and Taiwan with guest speakers from Tree Climbers International, Tree Climbing USA, New Tribe and others.

More information will be available soon.

mark your calendar:
The Dates are Sept.22nd thru Sept.26th
Location is in Nebraska

Keep-Balance
Tim 'tengu' Kovar

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
19 years 11 months ago - 19 years 11 months ago #123541 by treeman
Replied by treeman on topic I'll be there.
I will be there as one of the instructors. I will be working with advanced climbers and hanging around all of the other climbers. Hopelfully it will be cooler than Atlanta. Things are shaing up for the drought to be returning back to the south. We nearly had the driest March in recorded history. Bummer!!

Waving from a treetop,
Peter Treeman Jenkins

More
19 years 11 months ago - 19 years 11 months ago #123571 by redmaple
Replied by redmaple on topic Nebraska Fall Tree Climbing Event
I live in Lincoln, Nebraska. Where and when is this event going to be held? I'm also interesting in finding other people interested in recreational tree climbing here in my state, or the Kansas City area. My email address is This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

thanks, Robert

• tengu12
  • tengu12's Avatar Topic Author
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
More
19 years 11 months ago - 19 years 11 months ago #123575 by tengu12
Replied by tengu12 on topic RECREATIONAL TREE CLIMBING RENDEZVOUS update
Abe Winters (founder of Tree Climbing USA) and myself had another meeting about this years Recreational Tree Climbing Gathering that is to be held in Nebraska this fall. This years gathering will be divided into 2 parts, the first part (Sept. 22,23 & 24th) will be geared toward recreational tree climbing instruction for anyone interested in expanding her/his knowledge of arboral adventure. The courses that will be offered are as follow:
1)Intensive Basic Course - all you need to know about how to get yourself aloft safely into a tree
2)Beyond the Basics - S.R.T. and advance rigging for recreational tree climbing
3)Instructors Course - Become a qualified T.C.I. Instructor and help teach others the joy of recreational tree climbing
The latter part of the Rendezvous (Sept. 24,25 & 26th) will be for the experienced technical tree climber this will be a kind of "Whos Who in the World of Recreational Tree Climbing"

If any of you experienced recreational tree climbers have any request of what you'd like to see at the gathering please contact me via u2u or post a reply here at the message board.

MARK YOUR CALENDARS FOR SEPT. 22-26TH 2004

More information will be available soon.

Adventure-UP!!
tengu

Keep-Balance
Tim 'tengu' Kovar

More
4 years 1 month ago #139602 by Tammy Bills
Replied by Tammy Bills on topic RECREATIONAL TREE CLIMBING RENDEZVOUS update
Yay for 2020 Rendezvous in Nebraska! Its been a while since we've visited the Midwest. As always, I am looking forward to 'hanging out' with my treeps!

More
4 years 1 month ago #139603 by patty
Sorry folks— Tammy was responding to a post by Tengu from 15 years ago. Silly Tammy!

More
4 years 1 month ago #139604 by Tammy Bills
Replied by Tammy Bills on topic RECREATIONAL TREE CLIMBING RENDEZVOUS update
Thank you Patty! Yes, silly me!!! I am still looking forward to the potential for another rendezvous in Nebraska! Would be nice for some treeps to revisit the Midwest!

Time to create page: 0.106 seconds