This thing ate my throwball

• kinooni
  • kinooni's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
17 years 3 months ago - 17 years 3 months ago #128965 by kinooni
This thing ate my throwball was created by kinooni
Just like out of science fiction movie, I was climbing just south of seattle and while advancing my rope I snag one of these guys with my throwball, he held on to it and I got so scared that I dropped my throwline. I then went down to the ground and my throwline and weight was gone. Anyone else ever come across this type of thing in the tree?

http://zapatopi.net/treeoctopus/

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
17 years 3 months ago - 17 years 3 months ago #128967 by TreeTramp
Replied by TreeTramp on topic Tree octotpus
Yeah sure, I get it now.

Once I was aloft with my two climbing partners: Jimmy Hoffa and Big Foot and we were looking for jackalopes using prop wash as bait.

So here comes along a friend from Scotland, Nessie from the Loch riding in a pumkin carriage pulled by four Unicorns.

So we asked them if they knew about the tree climbing Octopus- and the reply was:

Fact is stranger than Fiction.

WOW what a remarkable creature- Thanks!

Treetramp

More
17 years 3 months ago - 17 years 3 months ago #128968 by treeman
Replied by treeman on topic You solved a problem!
Mighty kind of you to solve a problem I encountered. There has been more than one occasion where I have lost a throw bag in one of the Northwest tall trees. This is a plausable explanation of where things can go high in the crown of a tree. I did not get a positive species identification however. Many of my high throws are at such height in tight branch cover can render visual sightings impossible. A couple of my lines returned slimey however (minus weight). A banana slug or octupus? This I am not certain of.

Waving from a treetop,
Peter Treeman Jenkins

• wildbill
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
17 years 2 months ago - 17 years 2 months ago #129246 by wildbill
Replied by wildbill on topic This thing ate my throwball
My business partner, the one and only Alice Lou Cornshucker, patron goddess of recreational and research tree climbers everywhere, is offering a $5 bounty on each tree octopus.

"I done got the right recipes for them things," Alice Lou said. "First there's ceviche con octopus arbol, and then there's tree octopus au gratin, and finally I done come up with grilled Pacific tree octopus."

She said all Pacific tree octopuses should be shipped on ice by UPS or FedEx to the following address: Alice Lou's Fine Breakfast Emporium and Chainsaw Repair Shoppe, 111 North Bypass Highway, Hockalugie, Mississippi USA.

More
17 years 2 months ago - 17 years 2 months ago #129256 by sitka12
Replied by sitka12 on topic This thing ate my throwball
little guy is just lookin for his home

http://www.capemeareslighthouse.org/Octopus_Tree/octopus_tree.html

• treebird
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
16 years 11 months ago - 16 years 11 months ago #129735 by treebird
Replied by treebird on topic Ive seen this species before!
It has been spotted several times in my backyard. My dog really enjoys playing with it. Do you think he could hurt this little guy?

Time to create page: 0.058 seconds