Christmas Eve

• icabod
  • icabod's Avatar Topic Author
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
More
20 years 3 months ago - 20 years 3 months ago #122977 by icabod
Christmas Eve was created by icabod
I spent my afternoon cleaning up a tree on my in-laws place. It suffered alot of damage in last years ice storm. I was having some difficulty setting a line due to the large amount of deadwood hanging in the way. I had disturbed some squirrels in the process and had just flung a throw that I knew as it left my hand was going to be good. I watched the bag fly past my vision up into the canopy where it sailed right where I wanted. Like slow motion I remember hearing "whoosh whoosh" and seing a red-white streak flash where the bag would have gone had it continued it's upward motion. I was enthralled, a red-tailed hawk just tried to grab my throwline! He landed just branches away to shoot me a look that can only be described as "what the..." I wispered loudly for my kids to look and we all stood open mouthed gazing at the beautiful creature. He was not very good at catching throwbags, but I hope he found a juicy squirrel for his Christmas dinner. I'm just glad he came by to bless my climb.

Icabod

Cam "Icabod" Taylor

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.090 seconds