Report on the First NC Gathering in the Uwharrie NF

• icabod
  • icabod's Avatar Topic Author
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
More
19 years 11 months ago - 19 years 11 months ago #123656 by icabod
The First NC Gathering in the Uwharrie National Forest is now a thing of the past. We had a fantastic time, and we missed many of you.

The links to the report are below, surf on over to the TCNC web site and see what you missed.

Click Here for text and images, be patient, the photos load slowly (best for broadband)

Click Here for text only (appropriate for dialup)

Cam "Icabod" Taylor

Cam "Icabod" Taylor

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• wildbill
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
19 years 11 months ago - 19 years 11 months ago #123657 by wildbill
This sounds like a great weekend. I was able to read the text-only version, but I could well imagine the scenes in some of the trees. I wish I could have been there, but the ol' boss man is keeping me close to home this spring (life in the exciting, fast-paced world of retail ain't exactly the best thing for somebody who wants to get out in the woods alot). Does TCNC have a regular website? If so, what is it?

• icabod
  • icabod's Avatar Topic Author
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
More
19 years 11 months ago - 19 years 11 months ago #123658 by icabod
Replied by icabod on topic Website
The webiste is in progress, though I do all my own site design and programming, including original graphics, so it is a slow process. I was actually working on it when Brother Joe climbed with me this winter. I'll make sure to post when things are complete. No message boards will be there, but a big part of the site is going to be a gps database and mappping project that hopefully will gather general info (not tree specific) info on various climbing areas throughout the east coast.

As far as the weekend was concerned you missed it, we had a great time, and I think the foundation was laid for many more in the future, I'll start scouting next month for next years gathering around the same time. Saplin is actually toying with the idea of a winter climb, so we just have to see, I let him plan that one.

Climb Safe! And Bill, don't let Joe dangle you over anymore cold waterfalls!

Icabod

Cam "Icabod" Taylor

Time to create page: 0.153 seconds