Bird Rescue

• tengu12
  • tengu12's Avatar Topic Author
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
More
19 years 1 month ago - 19 years 1 month ago #125085 by tengu12
Bird Rescue was created by tengu12
A couple of days ago, I got a call from the TCI office about a pet Pied Crow that escaped from its owner.
The bird flew across the street and was perched in a tree for 24 hours (before they called us) then it took me about 2 hours of chasing the bird from tree to tree till I finally got her or she got me, either way we both made it to the ground safely.
Here are some photos from the rescue.
http://homepage.mac.com/treekster/PIED_CROW/PhotoAlbum16.html

check out the next issue of "Tree Climbing On Line" for a detail acct. of the rescue.

Anyone else have ever have any luck with Bird Rescues?

Keep Balance
Tengu

Keep-Balance
Tim 'tengu' Kovar

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
19 years 1 month ago - 19 years 1 month ago #125087 by oldtimer
Replied by oldtimer on topic Bird Rescueman
Tim, great pictures. Another great deed acomplished! Hope the owner was Appreciative of your efforts.$$ Take care and stay in touch.
:D

• harrywbarnhurst
  • Senior Boarder
  • Senior Boarder
More
19 years 1 month ago - 19 years 1 month ago #125090 by harrywbarnhurst
Replied by harrywbarnhurst on topic Wow!
Cool, really cool!!!! I am sure that the owners were very happy for all you did, but I am sure that you were thrilled more than enough for everyone. Getting a bird to come to you when you are both in a tree is some feat, especially one that knew where it was going to end up. Or maybe she realized that being free wasn't as fun as she had heard and too much like work.

I heard that you are going to be at Bob Wrays about a week before the climb-in. What a bummer as I would have loved to get to see you again before you "Go West Young Man". I have no doubt that you will love it at Bob's and maybe I will see you there sometime in the future.

I am still thankful that you were my IBC instructor.

Have a great day and be well!!!!

In Peace,

Legolas

• pattyjenkins
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
19 years 1 month ago - 19 years 1 month ago #125091 by pattyjenkins
Replied by pattyjenkins on topic Bird Rescue
Tengu has been talking about getting a crow and training it to set his lines for him. Given his immediate plans, we would have to say that climbers should watch for the "Tengu and His Travelling Crow Show."
Never let it be said that Tengu can't dream up some pretty interesting ways to take RTC to new heights.
/patty

More
19 years 1 month ago - 19 years 1 month ago #125092 by nickfromwi
Replied by nickfromwi on topic Bird Rescue

Originally posted by Patty Jenkins
Tengu has been talking about getting a crow and training it to set his lines for him. .
/patty

Cool! I'm planning the same thing with a squirrell. Using arm or voice commands, I think I can direct a squirrell wearing a small harness up a tree hauling a fishing line, then have it drop the small weight.

Then he/she can climb with me once the lines are set!

love
nick

Would you like a lanyard spliced up, or anything else for that matter??? Give me a call- 323-384-7770 or This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

• pattyjenkins
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
19 years 4 weeks ago - 19 years 4 weeks ago #125093 by pattyjenkins
Replied by pattyjenkins on topic Bird Rescue
Treeman, locally renowned for raising orphaned squirrel babies, may have some advice about this!
/patty

More
19 years 4 weeks ago - 19 years 4 weeks ago #125096 by Electrojake
Replied by Electrojake on topic Bird Rescue

Originally posted by NickfromWI
I think I can direct a squirrell wearing a small harness up a tree hauling a fishing line, then have it drop the small weight.

Ya know…
Its actually gotten to the point that I believe posts like that are sincere. This TCI forum has become a “must read” for me. Always an adventure!

And Nick,
Please DO post a couple of photos once he’s passed the “rigging class”.

Faithful Student of the TCI Forum,
Electrojake

More
19 years 4 weeks ago - 19 years 4 weeks ago #125097 by icabod
Replied by icabod on topic TRAINED FOOD
I was going to make a comment about eating your climb partner if he picked a bad limb. I then remembered Tengu's plans, and thought "I've eaten enough crow lately". I changed my mind.

Icabod

Cam "Icabod" Taylor

Time to create page: 0.067 seconds