Redgum practice

• lee737
  • lee737's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
More
5 years 3 weeks ago #139314 by lee737
Redgum practice was created by lee737
My son and I had just been out finding a geocache, so took the tree-gear with us, knowing there would be no shortage of large gum trees available. This was the second time we've had the gear out, the first was really just a trial run. This time we were still pressed for time, his mum needed him home for a play-date..... Still, it was a good chance to practice with the branch saver, and hone some technique.
I found great branches with the throw line twice before I remembered to thread it through the cambium saver first, one learning point.... Then of course as soon as we were off the ground we swung into a spiky bush, another point. That made us learn to ascend quickly!
I have picked up a micro pulley and had it tending the B-53, which was a treat, and a foot loop made the process pretty easy, and lots of fun. Young Samuel had no trouble, apart from his foot prussik binding tight enough he had trouble pulling it upwards, I tied a Klemheist for him which made things easier, but now looking back I had it a touch wrong, and it ended up binding....
I picked up a figure-8, so I can basically fireman belay him on his descent, he tends to go a bit quick....
So a quick climb for us both, with plenty of points to practice next time. He had an "epic" time, so we'll be off again soon.....
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 3 weeks ago #139315 by patty
Replied by patty on topic Redgum practice
Hi Lee,
Nice tree!
Sounds like you're learning alot quickly and moving right along. Thanks for sharing.
Patty

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.153 seconds