Looking for climbers in Texas

• wes
  • wes's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
20 years 5 months ago - 20 years 5 months ago #122764 by wes
Looking for climbers in Texas was created by wes
I am trying to find someone to teach me how to climb trees and stuff and i live in the north part of Texas near Dallas

wes:)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
19 years 4 months ago - 19 years 4 months ago #124133 by badger
Replied by badger on topic fpr wes in Texas
I am down in south western Texas, about 5 hours from Dallas but I am always willing to make a trip to climb. Let me know if you're still interested.
-Lauren:D

More
18 years 8 months ago - 18 years 8 months ago #125491 by oldtimer
Replied by oldtimer on topic Climbing in Central Texas
I am looking for any Recreational Tree Climbers in Central or East Texas Area. I have lot of gear and I am willing to travel to the trees specially in East Texas Forest. I am willing to share experiences if you are new to the sport. It is time for me to try new areas, since my area climbing chances are drying out.

See you up a tree soon!
Oldtimer Desi.

• Orion
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
17 years 9 months ago - 17 years 9 months ago #127733 by Orion
Replied by Orion on topic Climbing in North Texas
Hey all, I'm a semi-old timer (early 40s) and have been in the Army and the Navy but I'm just now discovering all this tree climbing stuff. I climbed trees my whole childhood and have always loved heights and climbing up ... anywhere! I never imagined there was a whole society of people climbing trees! How awesome is that!? Anywho, I'm from New Hampshire but I am currently in Texas and really want to get started on this! I'd appreciate any help or advice as to where to go or who to see about climbing in North Texas. For those who have already posted on this. Contact me! let's do it.

More
17 years 9 months ago - 17 years 9 months ago #127736 by Tom Dunlap
Replied by Tom Dunlap on topic Looking for climbers in Texas
There is a North Dallas Rec Tree Climbing Group.

Give my brother Jim a shout:

This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Strong limbs and single ropes!
This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

• treebird
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
16 years 11 months ago - 16 years 11 months ago #129583 by treebird
Replied by treebird on topic Hey there in Texas
Hiya.
I am a newb in Shreveport. I often travel down to Cleburne (45min SW of Ft. Worth) thru the DFW area. I'm working on getting some gear learning from books and videos.

Wow...I just realized this post is like 4 years old. Hmmm.... well if yall are still active or for anybody else who reads this looking for East Texas climbers. I'm here. E-mail me This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

• Orion
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
16 years 11 months ago - 16 years 11 months ago #129594 by Orion
Replied by Orion on topic Looking for climbers in Texas
Heya Treebird,

I'm still a newb waiting for my first gear, but I'll be happy to climb with anyone. Let me know if you come through the area and wanna climb.

- John B

• Orion
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
14 years 1 month ago #134431 by Orion
Replied by Orion on topic Looking for climbers in Dallas Texas area.
Hey All,

Newbie here. I've been coming to this forum for a couple years now. I've read everything on every RTC site, practiced all the knots and purchased the necessary gear but still haven't had the time to get started, due to work. I'm ready and roaring to get this thing off the ground. I just need people to climb with and a good place to climb in the area. Anyone?

John B

More
14 years 1 month ago #134432 by oldtimer
Replied by oldtimer on topic Re:Looking for climbers in Dallas Texas area.
Get in touch with Jim Dunlap. He is a Professional Arborist but sometimes goes Rec Climbing just for fun.

• Orion
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
13 years 9 months ago #134654 by Orion
Thanks Oldtimer. I did email him but, unfortunately, that email address is no longer valid. Any leads on a new address for Jim or maybe another lead?

thanks!

John B

More
13 years 9 months ago #134655 by 2chops
Replied by 2chops on topic Re:Looking for climbers in Texas
Look up Matt Latham in Dallas. He went through the Facilatators Course with me. Nice guy. Somtimes answers to "Bark".
Yo Bark. What's up? How ya doin?

Ron. B)

• Orion
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
12 years 11 months ago #135374 by Orion
Replied by Orion on topic Re:Looking for climbers in Texas
Ah yes. I just found him on Facebook. Matt runs US Tree Adventures right here in Plano. Thanks!

More
6 years 4 months ago #137936 by crsp
Replied by crsp on topic Looking for climbers in Texas
New climber here in the Dallas area, looking for partner to climb with. I have been climbing solo which is fine but would really like to catch up with some one or a club to talk and practice first hand with. I have sent some messages out on the climber finder but no response so if any one has any suggestions or would like to help a semi noob out please let me know, thanks much
The following user(s) said Thank You: Orion

Time to create page: 0.176 seconds