anyone for Texas?

• badger
  • badger's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
More
19 years 4 months ago - 19 years 4 months ago #124281 by badger
anyone for Texas? was created by badger
I'm down in West Texas looking for someone to climb with ANYWHERE. There are no good trees around me but I will travel anywhere, I haven't had a good climb since I went home back East.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
19 years 4 months ago - 19 years 4 months ago #124284 by prosigna
Replied by prosigna on topic anyone for Texas?
I'm not in Texas but I used to be. I must admit first that I have never climed a tree in Texas with rope. Just stuff as a kid. There are no trees in West Texas except the ones people plant as a wind break. You must go east, past Dallas into the Piney Woods or the Big Thicket area for big pine trees. We used to camp at Tyley State Park. It had big trees. Do not know what they think of tree climbers. Good Luck.

Josh

More
19 years 1 month ago - 19 years 1 month ago #124982 by pxj1231
Replied by pxj1231 on topic Ruidoso
Head due west about 6 hours to Ruidoso, NM we have
monstrous pines. Ruidoso is in the Southern tip of the Rocky Mountains situated next to the Mescalero Apache reservation. I can't wait to learn tree climbing although
pine trees don't look to be the best trees to climb. I moved here 4 months ago from West Texas. You can visit my site http://myruidoso.com and post on the mesage
board if you want to meet up.

More
19 years 1 month ago - 19 years 1 month ago #124986 by tengu12
Replied by tengu12 on topic anyone for Texas?
Ive climbed in the Three Rivers area a few years back, and you're knot kidding those Pines are monstrous!
Can't wait to get back.

Keep-Balance
Tim 'tengu' Kovar

More
19 years 1 month ago - 19 years 1 month ago #124993 by oldtimer
Replied by oldtimer on topic Climbing In Central Texas Anyone?
Any NEW Central Texas Climbers
I am in Central Texas( Austin) and there are a couple of other climbers here. I may be interested to climb anywhere near by. If you run into other good trees near your area I am willing to drive on a weekend if the trees are nice. It is better to have a partner while climbing to compare techniques and equipment. I usually read the postings on this site, on the Treeclimbers USA and the Tree climbers Coalition site.
Have Ropes & gear will travel before it gets too hot again!
Keep in touch... with the tree

Time to create page: 0.069 seconds