Minnesota Climbing

• stonedoor
  • stonedoor's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
More
17 years 11 months ago - 17 years 11 months ago #127371 by stonedoor
Minnesota Climbing was created by stonedoor
Looking for some people to come help me climb bunch of trees. I work at a camp near Minneapolis and we have 127 acres, and a lot of it is trees. I am looking for some people to come help me break them in. Or, if you have a great spot, I would like to come and climb and learn. I am a newbie at tree climbing.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
17 years 11 months ago - 17 years 11 months ago #127378 by Tom Dunlap
Replied by Tom Dunlap on topic Minnesota Climbing
Where were you when I lived in Minneapolis and was looking for a place to have open tree climbing?! :)

There are a few folks who want to have a sanctioned place to climb near the Cities.

Stay in touch. For the next couple of weeks I'm in Europe on a tree-related tour. Then, when I get back to the States, I'll be busy moving. When I settle into Atlanta I'll see if I can hook you up with the local climbers.

Tom Dunlap
This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Strong limbs and single ropes!
This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

• stonedoor
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
More
17 years 11 months ago - 17 years 11 months ago #127379 by stonedoor
Replied by stonedoor on topic sorry
Tom,

I just took a class with new tribe, so my rope is not even here yet. But I have some other gear. Now I am saving for a good new saddle. Anyway, thanks for the connection. I have friends in Atlanta, I have spent a lot of time with them in caves, and on rock faces. Now I am hoping they will start climbing trees as well. What part of the city will you be in.

Thanks again
Paul

More
17 years 11 months ago - 17 years 11 months ago #127380 by markf12
Replied by markf12 on topic Minnesota Climbing
Paul,

I live in Bemidji, about 4-4 1/2 hours to your north. I don't get down that way often, but if you're ever headed up here, let me know. I get up once or twice on weekends, as the family schedule allows, and I climb in various places right around Bemidji and the nearby Chippewa National Forest.

Cheers,
MarkF

Website

• stonedoor
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
More
17 years 11 months ago - 17 years 11 months ago #127392 by stonedoor
Replied by stonedoor on topic thanks
Mark
Thanks for the offer, I will keep that in mind as I roam the state on oh so needed free time. Thanks for the contact. If you hear of climbers my way let me know. I am also interested in maybe doing a climbing event here at camp. Safe climbing,

Paul

More
17 years 11 months ago - 17 years 11 months ago #127566 by randallr
Replied by randallr on topic Minnesota Climbing
I'd be interested in a climb with ya sometime. I live in the cities and have been climbing a little over a year which is to say every chance I get. Maybe we could hookup sometime in June. I mostly hang out in trees around my neighborhood. We have some excellent oaks.

More
17 years 11 months ago - 17 years 11 months ago #127567 by randallr
Replied by randallr on topic Minnesota Climbing
Hey StoneDoor
Do you know about the MN ISA tree climbing competition this Sat 5/20 in Como Park? There's info here: http://www.isa-msa.org/ Look under TCC, center of page. I went last year and learned a lot watching the pros.

More
10 years 8 months ago #136107 by adventurous_one
Replied by adventurous_one on topic Re: Minnesota Climbing
Hey,
I would love to climb with any of you sometime! I am in Maple Grove currently.
Let's get some time in the trees before the snow starts coming down!
If any of you see this, shoot me a private message or email at: This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Time to create page: 0.065 seconds