Looking for a climbing partner in Pacific NW

• Longfellow
  • Longfellow's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
More
16 years 4 months ago #130850 by Longfellow
I'm travelling to Seatle in June of '08 and would like to get in big tree if I can find a partner. I'm acertified arborist with 20+ year of climbing experience and have all needed equipment including ascenders for SRT.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
16 years 4 months ago #130852 by Guardabosques.
Replied by Guardabosques. on topic Re:Looking for a climbing partner in Pacific NW
Greetings sadams! I am not as experienced a climber as you are (only a couple years rec climbing) but I have climbed some bigger trees here in Northern California and there is a chance that I may be in the Seattle area in June and would love to get together for a climb. It just depends on what happens when I get out of school and where I go for summer vacation, but Washington is high on my list. I will put a message out there when the time is near to see if you (or anybody) is interested. I would enjoy climbing with an experienced climber to learn some new techniques.

:) GB

More
16 years 4 months ago #130853 by Guardabosques.
Replied by Guardabosques. on topic Re:Looking for a climbing partner in Pacific NW
Greetings sadams! I am not as experienced a climber as you are (only a couple years rec climbing) but I have climbed some bigger trees here in Northern California and there is a chance that I may be in the Seattle area in June and would love to get together for a climb. It just depends on what happens when I get out of school and where I go for summer vacation, but Washington is high on my list. I will put a message out there when the time is near to see if you (or anybody) is interested. I would enjoy climbing with an experienced climber to learn some new techniques.

More
16 years 4 months ago #130854 by Guardabosques.

• Longfellow
  • Longfellow's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
More
16 years 4 months ago #130855 by Longfellow
Replied by Longfellow on topic Re:Looking for a climbing partner in Pacific NW
GB,
I'll forward to staying in touch. You ned to know that I've been in big eastern trees over 100', but never in a big western conifer therefore that limits my experience. My first question is: do you have specific trees in mind that would be accessible and permissible to climb. If not we'll need to find someone who does have access to some trees. Since I don't really know the standards for climbing access I want to be extra cautious about following the \"rules\". Which is why I decided to get started early, I figured finding the appropriate trees would present some challenges.
Please do stay in touch and let's see if we can hook up in June, that would be a blast!'
Sam Adams

Time to create page: 0.102 seconds