St.Louis/St. Charles Mo Climbers and instructors

• swalker7799
  • swalker7799's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
More
13 years 1 month ago #135226 by swalker7799
Looking for climbers and instructors in the St. Louis area. Noobie here looking to get started.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 1 month ago #135227 by 2chops
Welcome aboard swalker7799. I went through the facilatators course last year with a guy named Guy Mott. He lives in St. Louis. You can shoot him an e-mail at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.. He's a good guy and has had a good deal of experience with ropes courses also. Very safe climber. Tell him 2chops says hi.

See ya in the canopy.

Ron

• swalker7799
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
More
13 years 1 month ago #135228 by swalker7799
Replied by swalker7799 on topic Re:St.Louis/St. Charles Mo Climbers and instructors
Thanks Ron. I sent Guy an e-mail. I will let you know what happens.

Thanks again!

Steve

More
13 years 1 month ago #135229 by 2chops
You're welcome bro. Glad to help. Enjoy the process.

More
13 years 1 month ago #135230 by 2chops
You're welcome bro. Glad to help. Enjoy the process.

• swalker7799
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
More
13 years 1 month ago #135231 by swalker7799
Replied by swalker7799 on topic Re:St.Louis/St. Charles Mo Climbers and instructors
Hi,

I spoke to Guy Pronounced "Gee" and we are setting up a 1-on-1 training this weekend. It will be my first climb. I am looking foward to it. If the weather cooperates we are golden.

More
13 years 3 weeks ago #135294 by 87preludea20a3
Replied by 87preludea20a3 on topic Re:St.Louis/St. Charles Mo Climbers and instructors
Did you ever go out with Guy on that one on one. I was thinking about asking if he would help me out, i am interested in this recreational activity but I'm not sure yet if am willing to commit to buying all the gear yet. Thanks let me know...

• swalker7799
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
More
13 years 2 weeks ago #135308 by swalker7799
The weather has not cooperated so I haven't had my instruction yet. The forecast looks good for this Saturaday (3/12/2011) and my son (16 yo) and I (52 yo) will spend somewhere between 5-6 hours of climbing and instruction with Guy this Saturday. We are both pumped and I think Guy is too. My son climbed the rock wall at REI last weekend and he is looking forward to the climb. I like you want to do it before buying any equipment. I will let everyone know how it went. We are meeting at Weldon Springs in St. Charles for the climb.

More
13 years 2 weeks ago #135317 by 87preludea20a3
Replied by 87preludea20a3 on topic Re:St.Louis/St. Charles Mo Climbers and instructors
That sounds really cool. Let us know how it goes. I also saw on meetup.com that Guy was holding an event on Sunday. But unfortunately my work schedule sucks. I work every Saturday and alternating Sundays, and ofcourse i work tomorrow. I will probably contact Guy and ask him about setting up a session with me and some friends. Anyways, have fun and I look forward to hearing your story.

Time to create page: 0.121 seconds