cat in tree

• guardedbyhim
  • guardedbyhim's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
19 years 11 months ago - 19 years 11 months ago #123761 by guardedbyhim
cat in tree was created by guardedbyhim
I have a service cat stuck in a tree, it's a pine (Pacific Northwest kind) and about 50 ft tall. Cat is at the top (she's a 7 month old kitten) and she just keeps circling the top. She's about 10-12 feet away from the top. How can we get her down? We have tried the usual. It's very wet and she is cold. Any ideas?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
19 years 11 months ago - 19 years 11 months ago #123768 by nickfromwi
Replied by nickfromwi on topic cat in tree
Okay, buy a round trip ticket, send it to me. I will climb the tree, but the cat in a duffle bag, and descend safely with the cat.

I hear if you just leave it it will eventually come down.

Could you back a bucket-truck/cherry picker up to the tree? Any area tree service could get the cat for a fee.

love
nick

Would you like a lanyard spliced up, or anything else for that matter??? Give me a call- 323-384-7770 or This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

More
19 years 11 months ago - 19 years 11 months ago #123800 by treeman
Replied by treeman on topic Stuck cat
I have been rescueing cats out of trees for 26 years now. It is one of my job descriptions as an arborist. A young cat can be up a tree easily for a week with no ill effects. They have fur which acts as a down jacket and the moisture will keep the cat hydrated. A cat can survive on body fat for a couple of weeks in a tree. This is what the vets tell me. Young inexperienced cats often stay up longer because down climbing is a bit tricky. Ask any rock climber and they will tell you the same (rapelling does not count). Find an arborist who can climb with a bag to stuff the kitty in. Do not ever bring a cat down without bagging it first. A cat is very dangerous with sharp claws and teeth that can leave nasty infections in their wake. Cat saliva is one of the most venimous (sp) salivas out there, next to human saliva (bacteria count). Do not free climb the tree either. Both hands must be free to bag the cat. Leave this to a professional climber with rope and harness. Forget a ladder too. Not safe!!

Waving from a treetop,
Peter Treeman Jenkins

Time to create page: 0.066 seconds