Boy Scouts-banned activities

• Tom Dunlap
  • Tom Dunlap's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
More
19 years 9 months ago - 19 years 9 months ago #123891 by Tom Dunlap
Boy Scouts-banned activities was created by Tom Dunlap
The other thread got hijacked so I wanted to start up a new one.

This is not the national HQ making the decision:

http://www.bgbsa.org/constants/unathorizedactivity.htm

All of their concerns can either be addressed or brushed off. It seems like they are thinking a bit narrowly. There are very reasonable stratagies that could be put in place if they wanted to allow tree climbing. There certainly is a heabvy weight of experience with rec and pro tree climbing that can show that there are safe ways to climb trees.

I can appreciate the concern but they need ot put a little bit more thought into their protocols.

Tom

Strong limbs and single ropes!
This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• john e routon
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
19 years 9 months ago - 19 years 9 months ago #123898 by john e routon
Replied by john e routon on topic Boy Scouts
Abe Winters and I have been working on the issue of treeclimbing with Boy Scouts for several years trying to get some type of acceptance/standards/or whar ever.I really don't think the powers to be want treeclimbing in their programs.If they did a more acceptable approach would be made by them than the latest blast from the head office.Not once have we recieved any inquiry as to how we do this treeclimbing thing or that they even wanted it in their program."Its to much effort for to little return" ----Abe and I plan to just keep doing our thing with groups that want/respect us.

• john e routon
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
19 years 9 months ago - 19 years 9 months ago #123912 by john e routon
Replied by john e routon on topic ???????????????
I got really lost with oxmans response,perhaps it should go in the forum under tree climbing fantasies.The issue is Boy Scouts vs Treeclimbing.

Time to create page: 0.052 seconds