Rope techniques acronyms and confusions

More
9 years 4 months ago #137119 by yoyoman
Replied by yoyoman on topic Rope techniques acronyms and confusions

Tree-D wrote: hahahaha. I know what you mean about getting to the top and wondering what to do next! I have friends who get to the first branch and are perfectly happy to sit down and melt into the tree. I'm always looking for the next anchor or the next thing to do!

There is SO much to do I have to force myself to sit still for a moment and enjoy. Once I get that done, I'm looking to get to the outer branches of the tree, then to the adjacent tree and then to the next and on and on.
Typical example: At the rendezvous this year we did a group climb in a grove of bald cypress. Nice trees and not terribly far apart, maybe 20' or so. Once we were in the tree and I had climbed to the lateral top and took a moment to enjoy it was off to the next tree. Before I got too far away I built a swing from my traverses and enjoyed the childish moment.
Video at.....

The following user(s) said Thank You: Tree-D

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 4 months ago #137126 by Treedude22
Replied by Treedude22 on topic Rope techniques acronyms and confusions
I know I should slow down and enjoy the climb more. I guess my perspective has been production for so long it will always influence me when I climb. Neither good nor bad just is. I have no problem with it nor see the need to change.

One of the things I enjoy most about the rec climb community is the fresh perspectives and "slowdownedness". I mean that latter term as a sincere compliment. It is something I need to apply to many aspects of my life. I just think for me, it will be a lesson I learn from other non-tree pursuits.

Tony
The following user(s) said Thank You: bradypus

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.102 seconds