Climbing Concern

• icabod
  • icabod's Avatar Topic Author
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
More
1 year 2 months ago #139973 by icabod
Climbing Concern was created by icabod
Hey all, it's been WAY too long since I've been around. I've still been climbing actively, up until about a year and a half ago. It just got too difficult, turns out, there was a reason. So, turns out I have diabetes, which was diagnosed back in April, and while I'm living life mostly normal, I haven't gone back to climbing. I really want to get back out there, and finally feel well enough to do it, but I'm frankly a bit scared of a hypo event, and needing a rescue.
Does anyone else out there happen to be an insulin user, and still climb? If so, what are you doing for hypo safety when climbing? Also, do you climb solo, or have someone with rescue skills to go along?
Hope everyone is climbing safely. I hope to see some of you in the trees again soon.

Cam "Icabod" Taylor

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
1 year 2 months ago #139974 by patty
Replied by patty on topic Climbing Concern
Hi Cam!! So very happy to see you here! I hope you and your family are healthy and thriving.

We have a dear friend with diabetes who climbs all the time. I will call him today and ask him to get in touch with you. Please email me with your phone number if it’s different than what it used to be.

All the best..

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.058 seconds