Leaving To Venezuela

• oldtimer
  • oldtimer's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
More
17 years 3 weeks ago - 17 years 3 weeks ago #129464 by oldtimer
Leaving To Venezuela was created by oldtimer
I am leaving for Vzla next week for two weeks of rest and relaxation visiting with the family. Bringing my climbing gear to teach and demo to a couple of relatives there. Will be replacing most of the old gear I leave behind after the return. I will be asking for suggestions on a new rope to replace one of my trusty Sportlines.
My mother turns 100-years old on April 10 so I do not have any excuse not to go and visit her again probably one last time.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
17 years 3 weeks ago - 17 years 3 weeks ago #129467 by Electrojake
Replied by Electrojake on topic Leaving To Venezuela
You are going to have a great time!
I am sure that your family will be impressed with your climbing. Please take some pictures of your adventure so you can post a few here on the board.

As for my opinion on replacing the Yale Sportline. . .
I would consider Sportline akin to climbing dental floss. Try something a little more “comfy” like New England Safety Blue. Especially if you’re doing standard DRT.

If you want the madre gordo of climbing line, try some Samson True Blue (12 strand). Once you break it in and it gets a little fluffy, it’s like climbing up your living room carpet. Plush!
The down side. . .
The stuff weighs a ton and is too fat for most alloy gadgets.
(opinion questions are always my favorite) ;)

Enjoy your vacation.
Please take a few pictures.
Regards,
-Ej-

More
17 years 3 weeks ago - 17 years 3 weeks ago #129468 by nickfromwi
Replied by nickfromwi on topic Leaving To Venezuela
Oldtime, pm me or email me This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. I am placing an order to Yale and could get you a hank of Blaze! That would be a good comparison to the 7/16th Sportline!

love
nick

Would you like a lanyard spliced up, or anything else for that matter??? Give me a call- 323-384-7770 or This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

More
17 years 3 weeks ago - 17 years 3 weeks ago #129470 by Electrojake
Replied by Electrojake on topic Leaving To Venezuela
Actually, Blaze would be considered fine “upgrade”.

BTW, Nick, now that good climbing weather has arrived; I’ve been working the heck out of those custom spliced bridges I purchased from you a few months ago.
SWEET!
They are holding up great. If by summers end I do a burn-through, I’ll send it back to you for an autopsy. :D
Good Stuff, lovin-it!

Gasp! Have I drifted off topic? :o

More
17 years 3 weeks ago - 17 years 3 weeks ago #129471 by nickfromwi
Maybe you'll need a replacement by the time the Rendezvous rolls by!

love
nick

Would you like a lanyard spliced up, or anything else for that matter??? Give me a call- 323-384-7770 or This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

• oldtimer
  • oldtimer's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
More
17 years 1 week ago - 17 years 1 week ago #129522 by oldtimer
Replied by oldtimer on topic Another report
Well, Yesterday was my Mom 100th Year B-day party. All the family got together and had a great time. Since it was at my sisters farm I took the time to inspect a few trees to see potential climbers. Not many big trees here but they will do for the beginners.
Oldtimer reporting from Vzla.

More
17 years 1 week ago - 17 years 1 week ago #129523 by nickfromwi
I hope it's going great down there!

I'm working on your new climbing line soon!!!!

love
nick

More
17 years 1 week ago - 17 years 1 week ago #129524 by tengu12
Replied by tengu12 on topic Heading your way
Hi Oldtimer,

I'm heading down to the amazon in a couple of weeks to help set up a tree climbing grove near the Brazil / Venz. border. I'll be off of hwy 144. I don't know where you are but it would be groovy if we could hook up for a climb in the amazon together.

Climb safe and if I don't see you south of the border I'll see ya in the mile high city.

Keep-Balance
Tim 'tengu' Kovar

Time to create page: 0.072 seconds