Happy Climbing from New York City

• FrankgoBiloba
  • FrankgoBiloba's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
More
5 years 8 months ago - 5 years 8 months ago #138173 by FrankgoBiloba
Happy Climbing from New York City was created by FrankgoBiloba
Hello all! I am new to proper technique climbing and ecstatic about receiving my recently ordered climbing kit and getting vertical! I have been climbing gearless recreationally for a while however after taking the entry level tree workers course with the Jenkins’s, it’s as if a veil over my eyes has been lifted. Not only is rope climbing more liberating, versatile, and safe, but also spending the better part of a week climbing in Patty and Peter’s course enlightened me to this whole world of climbers as well.
I am very excited to both climb, and to dive into the tree climbing world to become a part of it. Once my gear comes in I will be out and about the greater New York City area climbing if anyone would like a climbing buddy. Eventually I think I’ll do some trips up the Hudson valley do some climbing up in New England, and set off on a path swinging through the rest of the world too so everyone everywhere is a useful resource in my eyes. I hope in learning from all of you and gaining experience I can return the favor! For now, I’m always happy to climb with whoever’s in the area.
Last edit: 5 years 8 months ago by FrankgoBiloba.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 8 months ago #138174 by tmaclean
Replied by tmaclean on topic Happy Climbing from New York City
I agree. it's pretty exciting stuff! I expect your equipment will arrive in short order; my experience with treeStuff has been pretty good, in any case.

We just had the first rain in weeks (which is good); now I'm waiting for the trees to dry a little before going for a climb! Sorry, I'm not in your neck of the woods: a little north of NY state. I hope your first climb goes well -- stay safe!

More
5 years 8 months ago #138175 by moss
Replied by moss on topic Happy Climbing from New York City

FrankgoBiloba wrote: Hello all! I am new to proper technique climbing and ecstatic about receiving my recently ordered climbing kit and getting vertical! I have been climbing gearless recreationally for a while however after taking the entry level tree workers course with the Jenkins’s, it’s as if a veil over my eyes has been lifted. Not only is rope climbing more liberating, versatile, and safe, but also spending the better part of a week climbing in Patty and Peter’s course enlightened me to this whole world of climbers as well.
I am very excited to both climb, and to dive into the tree climbing world to become a part of it. Once my gear comes in I will be out and about the greater New York City area climbing if anyone would like a climbing buddy. Eventually I think I’ll do some trips up the Hudson valley do some climbing up in New England, and set off on a path swinging through the rest of the world too so everyone everywhere is a useful resource in my eyes. I hope in learning from all of you and gaining experience I can return the favor! For now, I’m always happy to climb with whoever’s in the area.

Your great attitude is coming through, welcome to the trees! I climb with Connecticut climbers a hop, skip, and a jump from NYC on a regular basis, feel free to PM and get some contact info squared away.
-AJ

• FrankgoBiloba
  • FrankgoBiloba's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
More
5 years 8 months ago #138177 by FrankgoBiloba
Replied by FrankgoBiloba on topic Happy Climbing from New York City
I am very excited for all of my gear to get in, the new tribe saddle is on back order but will be shipped as soon as they receive it, projected for 8/25. So hopefully by September I’ll be on my way. Thank you both for your kind welcomes, Connecticut is not a bad day trip at all, I’d love to get up there this fall. As for Ottowa, that sounds like a blast as well, I’ll keep you in mind and perhaps a Canadian Climbing trip is in order!

More
3 years 4 months ago #139688 by Georgimama
Replied by Georgimama on topic Happy Climbing from New York City
Hey,

Are you still climbing in NY?

Time to create page: 0.102 seconds