New climber from Northwest Texas

• lonespartan
  • lonespartan's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
More
4 years 3 months ago #139592 by lonespartan
New climber from Northwest Texas was created by lonespartan
Hello everyone. I am a relatively new climber from Lubbock Texas. I volunteer for an organization called Texas Baptist Men and one of the organization's areas is disaster relief. We help out people effected by tornadoes, ice storms, hurricanes, etc all over the USA. I am part of a chainsaw/heavy equipment team that helps home owners and churches with storm damaged and/or downed tree cleanups. My chainsaw team lead sent me off to climbers training a few months ago. We don't have a ton of trees in my area, so I am always looking for advice from those who have more experience, which is why I am here. Most of the disaster relief work that I have done has been from a man lift, but there are times when we cannot get a man lift into place and I am asked to climb a tree to help set rigging lines and cut when needed.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 3 months ago #139593 by patty
Replied by patty on topic New climber from Northwest Texas
Hi LoneSpartan,
Glad to see you here. We trained a bunch of men from Texas Baptist Men a couple of years ago. We were coming to Dallas to run the Fun Climb at EarthX, so had the privilege of teaching them our aerial rescue course.
Feel free to post questions. We hope others will contribute here to your education, and we will, too.
Patty

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.051 seconds