New Climber from South Jersey

• jmclay84
  • jmclay84's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
More
3 years 4 months ago #139690 by jmclay84
New Climber from South Jersey was created by jmclay84
Hello there, I am a new climber from South Jersey right across the bridge from Philadelphia.

I have been interested in recreational tree climbing for a while now. Have had some small minor training in rapelling and high angle rescue an long time ago. Few years ago I got some basic gear and tried my hand at DRT a few times. Nothing special. I am now getting the itch again and looking to get a new saddle and try some SRT techniques.

I am always looking for like minded individuals.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
3 years 4 months ago #139694 by steve-o
Replied by steve-o on topic New Climber from South Jersey
Welcome
You can find some decent deals this time of year on Treestuff.com, Sherrilltree.com, Bartlettman.com or Wesspur.com for SRT gear. Being close to Philly, it's worth a drive over to Gap Arborist Supply to talk with Ray about your needs. Great guy and great prices. Free shipping too if you don't want to drive...

More
2 years 11 months ago #139748 by mccambjd
Replied by mccambjd on topic New Climber from South Jersey
Hey, if you're still climbing in the Philly area, I'm just getting started and am interested in finding folks to climb with.

More
2 years 11 months ago #139749 by Jump12k
Replied by Jump12k on topic New Climber from South Jersey
Hi there,
I am fairly new as well and in Maryland...yeah, Gap Arborist is one on my favorite businesses to order my SRT stuff.. very fast shipping.
My SRT saddle is a Petzl Saquoia SRT... love it!

Time to create page: 0.100 seconds