A final tropical system and record.

• treeman
  • treeman's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
More
18 years 3 months ago - 18 years 3 months ago #126697 by treeman
A final tropical system and record. was created by treeman
Another tropical storm developed today in the Atlantic; Zeta I think they named it. It tied "Alice" for the latest tropical storm in recorded history. God only knows what kind of terrible season awaits us in 2006.

But never fear. The Army Corps of Engineers assured us two days ago they will be fully prepared for a major hurricane in only 6 months time down in New Orleans. The realists say 10 years is more accurate. I can't imagine the fear Americans will have next hurricane season. A wisp of wind will have us all running for the next stadium for safety that only lives in our imagination.

Waving from a treetop,
Peter Treeman Jenkins

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
18 years 3 months ago - 18 years 3 months ago #126700 by crtreedude
Replied by crtreedude on topic A final tropical system and record.
I was reading in La Nacion yesterday that they are predict as bad or worse this coming year. Not a happy thought.

• treeman
  • treeman's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
More
18 years 3 months ago - 18 years 3 months ago #126703 by treeman
Replied by treeman on topic Tell us more about what you are doing.
Please go to the "Sharing" Forum here and tell us about what you are doing in Costa Rica. I visited yur web site adn found it interesting. Are you a climber?

Waving from a treetop,
Peter Treeman Jenkins

More
18 years 3 months ago - 18 years 3 months ago #126704 by crtreedude
Replied by crtreedude on topic A final tropical system and record.
I am a wannabe tree climber (I have done it before and I was a rock climber) Seems to be a shame to have all these trees and not climb them!

I'll post something over on the Sharing forum.

More
15 years 9 months ago #131796 by Tibets
Replied by Tibets on topic Are these carabiner things safe?

Can anybody tell me if any of these carabiners from this company can be used for anything else besides storing my keys? http://www.liangdianup.com/carabiners_1.htm

Some of them are pretty big but what are the requirements for a beener so that it can be used for rope work / climbing?

How can I learn about the history of carabiners? And if I am searching to buy some wholesale carabiners does anyone know of any other words that would be used for carabiner? I have heard of the word crab ring or something like that but not sure if it fits. Help?

Oh yeah, if that link above does not work then here is the home page for the site www.lducompany.com I think they have them under camping or tools or something like that.

Time to create page: 0.067 seconds