Central Ohio Climbing

More
19 years 3 months ago - 19 years 3 months ago #124678 by abram
Replied by abram on topic Central Ohio Tree Climbing
Hello fellow tree climbers in Ohio;

Those of you that I am aware of include Jason N. and Greg L. down near Cincinnati, And Jim K.,Matt, and Jordan from the Columbus area and Joe from Newark. I am sure there are others.

TCUSA facilitates a festival style climb at the DAWES ARBORETUM east of Columbus and south of Newark each Arbor day in Ohio; this occurs on the last weekend of April each year. Dawes has their celebration of Arbor Day over this last weekend on a Saturday. Since we began working with the folks at Dawes we have averaged around 110 climbers/climb in their oaks just outside their administrative center and in the heart of all the other activities they have going on; which is a bunch. With good weather 1000's show up for this celebration and to take in all that Dawes has to offer.

Perhaps with some planning we could do a group climb at one of the areas that you folks know of. Jordan if you are about to start a Grove at your farm and that is close to Zanesville perhaps we could climb there and we could discuss facilitating and managing a Grove. The High Banks Park also sounds promissing. Also please come by for the climb at Dawes, however please be aware we will be quite busy running the climb and climbing time is limited due to the numbers wanting to climb. We will have some 12 or so ropes in place for this climb and they will stay filled throughout the day. Normally we plan on a 4 day trip for this climb, but if we can get together for a Sunday climb we would drive home on Monday.

Until; Safety in and for the trees worldwide! Abe

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
19 years 2 months ago - 19 years 2 months ago #124826 by abram
Replied by abram on topic Central Ohio Tree Climbing
I have just confirmed our contract with Dawes Arboretum For their Arbor Day Festivities of 30 April.

Since we, John R. and I will be in the area hopefully those in the area will come join us and on Sunday gather for a climb and general discussion about tree climbing in some of the trees known to Jim K or Matt or Jordan. Let us know and we will add an extra day in our plans. Sounds like fun and an opportunity to get some folks together.

Until; Safety in and for the trees worldwide! Abe

• jimk123
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
18 years 9 months ago - 18 years 9 months ago #125421 by jimk123
Central Ohio climbers, we have a nice grove just off a new bike path with entertaining Cottonwoods, Sycamores and a few others. The deer meander underneath as you dwell quietly in the canopy. If you need specifics contact me.

Time to create page: 0.063 seconds